Skip to main content

Is my Continuing Education class still meeting during the COVID-19 pandemic?
As we monitor the most recent CDC reports and State guidelines, we have decided to implement new updates to practice responsibility and limit the risk of COVID-19 to our students, staff, faculty, and community. Click here to see the current status of in-person and online classes. We encourage you to reach out to us at or or (845) 341-4890 should you have any questions about your class or class schedules.

Do you have an instructional video showing step-by-step how to create an account and register for class?
Click here to view the registration video.

Is there a minimum age for students in Continuing Education classes?
According to College policy BP2.24: Children on Campus, the College’s facilities and properties are designed for an adult population of students, faculty, and staff. With that in mind, classes are generally designed for adults. However, children under the age of 16 years who would like to register for an adult class, must be accompanied and supervised by a parent, guardian, or another adult who has been so designated by a parent or guardian and must also register for the same class. Please contact us at or or (845) 341-4890 with any questions.

How do I register and pay?
There are several ways to register and pay for Continuing Education courses, including online and by phone. Acceptable payment includes Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. Registration is done on a first-come first-served basis, and the class fee is listed for each class listing. Click here for more information on credit card processing fees.

Click Here to register and pay online.

What about books and supplies for Continuing Education classes?
The purchase of materials (textbooks, workbooks, consumables, equipment, etc.) may be required for certain courses (see specific course description). This cost is not included in the course fee unless specified. Please see our website or call for purchasing information. 

How do I create my Continuing Education profile?
For first-time users, click “Create Account" and then "Create New Profile” to create your own username, password, and profile. If you already have a SUNY Orange login and password, it will not work unless you use this to create a new profile with Continuing Education. If you have additional questions, please contact or (845) 341-4890 for assistance.

How do I update my Continuing Education profile?
You may update your student profile at any time. After signing in, access the link entitled “My Profile” to change any of the information. Click “Edit” at the top of the page. You may then update any of your profile fields. When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit.”

Can I register for a Continuing Education class that is full?
All classes have a maximum class size, and for specific reasons, that maximum number must be adhered to. For example, a computer class is limited in size by the number of computers available in that classroom. If you wish to be considered for registration in a class that is currently full, you can request to be added to a waiting list by signing in online and clicking “Add to the Waiting List” link for the class that is full. If an opening becomes available, SUNY Orange will contact you to finalize your registration. To discuss the particular class you are interested in, contact our registration staff at or (845) 341-4890.

What if I have a Stop or Hold?
Students that have unmet financial obligations to the College or who failed to comply with College requirements will not be permitted to register until the stop/hold is cleared with the issuing office. In addition, all information relating to student records will be withheld in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

How can I Drop and Add Continuing Education courses?
Students who have completed registrations for courses may add and/or change courses. They may also withdraw (drop) by deadlines listed (see refund policy). To make changes to classes that you are registered for, please contact us at or (845) 341-4890.

What is the Continuing Education non-credit refund policy?
Refunds will be issued to students who withdraw from class at least one business day prior to the class start date. No refund or credit will be issued for classes dropped on or after the class start date. To withdraw your class registration please contact us at or (845) 341-4890. See special refund conditions in the description for certain courses.

Students unable to attend their registered courses must inform the Continuing Education department in writing that they wish to withdraw. Failure to complete the course DOES NOT constitute official withdrawal, nor does notification of the instructor. The lack of attendance alone DOES NOT entitle the student to a refund. Refund requests cannot be made by telephone, online, or through the instructor. Click here for information on requesting a refund outside of the Refund Policy. Refer to heading "Request for Tuition Credit - Appeal form".

For students receiving financial assistance from a third party entity paying for classes on behalf of the student (e.g., student's employer, non-profit organization, or One Stop Career Center), the student will be responsible for third party non-payment which may include the class fee and other expenses.

Refunds are not available for merchandise items.

The class fee is eligible for a refund or credit. However, convenience fees incurred during registration, and other fees as applicable are not eligible for a refund or credit.

What is the College’s Continuing Education policy on changing or cancelling classes?
SUNY Orange Continuing Education makes every effort to maintain the schedule of classes as announced. However, we reserve the right to change or cancel classes when necessary without previous announcement (e.g., insufficient enrollment). If this occurs, all those who are registered will be contacted. If a class is cancelled, all registrants will receive a refund of the class fee or be allowed to transfer to a different class section. Please note convenience fees incurred during registration, and other fees as applicable are not eligible for a refund or credit. Course locations, dates, fees, and instructors may also be changed when necessary. All class changes will be reflected on our website.

How do I get notified of College Closings and Delays?
For updated college closing and delay information, please phone the College at (845) 344-6222 for recorded voice information or look on the web at You may also sign up for automatic email notification of college closings and delays at  

Where can I get the address to my Continuing Education class location?
The address to your class location is found in the class description and confirmation letter sent prior to your class start date. For Campus maps & directions, please visit

How do I print a Continuing Education receipt?
To print a receipt, sign in, click "Go to my dashboard" and select "My Transactions" and locate the class. Under "Action", select "Print View" and print your receipt.

How do I print a Continuing Education transcript?
To print a current Continuing Education transcript of classes, sign in, click "Go to my dashboard" and select "My Transcript" from the menu bar on the left side of your screen. Select “Print View” to print your transcript. If you need an official transcript, please contact our registration staff at (845) 341-4890.

How do I access accessibility services?
The Office of Accessibility Services (OAS) provides services to students with disabilities. Services are coordinated for individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, those with physical, learning, mental health, chronic health or sensory related disabilities. Once students have self-identified, applied for services, and provided documentation of their disability, our staff works to determine eligibility for reasonable accommodations. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), both the student and the college must carry out these responsibilities in a timely manner. The OAS office is in Room 301 of the Shepard Student Center in Middletown and can be reached at (845) 341-4077. For OAS in Newburgh, call (845) 341-9034.  

Continuing Education Waiver
Orange County Community College assumes no liability for accidents that occur while participating in Continuing Education classes and provides no funds to cover medical costs. Participants are reminded that participation is entirely voluntary and are strongly urged to have their own health insurance. It is understood that participation is voluntary and Orange County Community College is not responsible for injuries or accidents and all liability against them is waived.

What is the College's Student Conduct Code?
Click here for Student Conduct Code.