Information for SUNY Orange CAPE
Phone: (845) 341-4890 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a SUNY Orange Continuing and Professional Education instructor, you’ll find information and resources on the webpage related to your teaching assignment. Please refer to the Table of Contents to find specific topics. For help with issues not addressed in this handbook, please contact your Program Coordinator or the Operations Coordinator at email@example.com.
SUNY Orange Continuing and Professional Education (CAPE) seeks to extend the resources of the College to the various constituencies it serves through non-credit professional development, college preparation, workforce development, and enrichment opportunities with targeted, measurable goals and outcomes and to provide the highest quality learning environment and support services for educational programs and activities. To serve CAPE's varied student population, we recruit diverse faculty with extensive experience and education.
CAPE seeks to:
- Demonstrate financial self-sufficiency and increase the College's resources and capacity
- Increase educational opportunities available through CAPE
- Build strong partnerships and collaborations with external organizations
- Increase connections within the College community
- Assist the College in building effective promotion and awareness
- Enhance professional growth opportunities for CAPE staff and faculty
- Strengthen institutional effectiveness efforts / operational excellence
- Work on a seamless transition for non-credit students to enter College academic programs
One can interpret adult education as an entity responsive to changing societal and economic conditions. Future prosperity is largely in the hands of a public higher education system that should not defend the status quo, but rather support and protect its service area and citizens.
Workforce equity is when the workforce is inclusive of people of color and other marginalized or underrepresented groups at a rate representative of a specific area at all levels of employment; where institutional and structural barriers impacting employee attraction, selection, participation and retention have been eliminated, enabling opportunity for employment success and career growth.
- - - - - - - -
CONTINUING EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR MANUAL
FYI: INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO FOR CAPE STUDENTS
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR PROFILE
Classes are currently being offered online